Living through an American Recession

Dealing with never ending life changes. Who says making lemonade is the best thing to do with those lemons life throws at you?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Sexy is an attitude, not a size"

I think every woman has been told that at least once in her lifetime, especially if she's over a size 12. So now that my size hot has turned into a size not why can't I believe what I have preached for years?

I remember about 15 years ago sitting in a bar with friends. At one end of the bar sat a gorgeous blonde woman, tall, thin, long sexy hair, all the right stuff, so I thought. At the other end sat a heavy set girl, kinda cute, bubbly brunette. "Hmmm" I thought, a size 4 vs. a 16. Why were the guys laughing and having a good time with the brunette and not the blonde? The blonde had a shitty attitude about her and  scared away even the drunks, the brunette glowed with fun and flirt, she was sexy and they could sense it. So why are we so obsessed with size?

As I sit here trying to take my own advise and rev up the sex-ay, I sulk. How do I get my sexy back?

I'm overweight, riddled with hang nails and staring at cute clothes haunting me from the hangars that used to fit while I look down at my frumpy t-shirt and yoga pants. ugh.....

Sure, I could go out and buy a new set of under ware, get  a new hairstyle or even a pretty dress but does that work? Sometimes it is all we need to "see" ourselves in a new light allowing us to smile changing our attitude towards ourselves. But we have to continue that attitude.

Like our bodies, we must continue to feed it healthy food to get the output we want. We have to feed our minds with love and acceptance for our sexy to shine on the outside. Imagine yourself as a beautiful flower. You may have bloomed last year and withered today, but you will bloom again. We all do, we're human, part of nature that moves through cycles. When we appear to wither, we reflect inward and bloom with new insight on life.

YOU, are sexy no matter what package you come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment